[antlr-interest] Shortcircuiting the tree parser

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 13:15:58 PST 2009

Thanks everyone for the replies to my previous post. I have been wondering about one additional point when it comes to tree parsers. For alot of AST's when doing semantic analysis you tend to have alot of separable distinct tasks which only need parts of the constructed tree. I am curious if there is a way to underspecify the tree grammar and tell it explicitly not to descend certain portions of the AST and only focus on certain parts. I apologize if this has been addressed before.

Thanks in advance,

Carter.