[antlr-interest] Difficulties compiling tree grammar using Antlr 3.1.1 using g++

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 04:34:30 PST 2009

Hi,

Last night I was experimenting with adding semantic analysis passes to my parsing front end and ran into a problem which seems like it may be some sort of bug. Compiling in C using g++ seems to create a bunch of errors w.r.t to void* -> ANTLR3_BASE_TREE* conversion in each and every rule when compiling with g++ and backtracking = true.

If I use gcc as opposed to g++ the code compiles fine but I suspect this wont work for me in the long term since I plan to sprinkle in some c++ code. Is this a known issue and has it been resolved?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.