[antlr-interest] tree walking and semantic analysis

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 06:37:33 PST 2009

Hi,

This is my first attempt at trying to build a compiler frontend and I have run into some problems which I am not sure how to resolve with ANTLR. The two issues are how to generate semantic analysis pass errors from the tree walking code and how best to design the passes code which conceptually keeps things like various context checks and type checks cleanly separated.

Is there a canonical way to do this with ANTLR (and perhaps some example projects out there from ppl who have implemented full compilers)?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.