[antlr-interest] hidden tokens and v3

Benoit Fouletier benblo+ANTLR at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:54:40 PDT 2009

I thought I had figured everything regarding token streams after reading this
wonderful article <http://www.antlr2.org/doc/streams.html>... until I
realized it concerns v2, and much has changed in v3! Is there a more
up-to-date version/equivalent somewhere?

I'm (still) struggling like crazy trying to convert the preserveWhiteSpace
example from v2 to v3, and the whole antlr.CommonHiddenStreamToken,
antlr.CommonASTWithHiddenTokens, getHiddenAfter(), etc... puzzles me.

Overall, I don't really understand why we still have access to antlr.*
classes, when the v3 doc only mentions org.antlr.runtime.*... some classes
of the v2 doc still exist, other don't... or have I not found the right doc?

Also, I find it very hard to find info on how to switch to v3 (the
'migrating' article concentrates on grammar syntax but says very little
regarding the classes & usecase changes).

Cheers,

     Ben