[antlr-interest] Minor notes on sources for CSharp

C. Mundi cmundi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:03:46 PDT 2009

I just moved up to 3.1.3.  Since I started with a fresh tarball, this
provided an opportunity to take some minor notes which might help others.
Based on experience with some earlier releases, I expected to find a lot
more.  I actually found very little.  (Yeah!  Awesome job!)

(1) TreeVisitor.cs does not include the BSD license.  This seems like an
oversight, but is it actually on purpose?

(2) The XML summary for CommonTree.SetUnknownTokenBoundaries contains a
less-than symbol which fools Mono's C#.
     This may very well be a defect in either Mono or the C# standard;
wahtever the case, it's easy to avoid once noticed.
     It's only a warning anyway.

(3) For .NET the compiler directives expect the strong-naming keys to be two
levels above the directory containing the solution file.
     By contrast, for NANT the comiler directives expect the keys to be
where they actually are -- with the solution file.
     Maybe there Is there a reason for this?

For what its worth I did this using Mono.  (I use Visual Studio at work ,
but not at home.)

If there is a more appropriate forum for notes like this, please tell me.

Carlos