[antlr-interest] Issue with Missing header file in dist 3.1.3: antlr3config.h

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Jul 15 14:06:18 PDT 2009

John Skier wrote:
> I'm trying to learn Antlr. I'm attempting to exercise the hoisted predicates
> code in C . The code is failing due to a missing header file.
>
> I've downloaded the latest runtime 3.1.3, but it does not contain the header
> either.  Any suggestions.
>
> Here is the error:
> In /Users/jskier/Documents/libantlr3c-3.1.3/include/antlr3defs.h:217:26:
> error: antlr3config.h: No such file or directory

You read the building guide in the API documentation right?

Ran:

configure, make, sudo make install

Looks to me like you did not and are trying to include the files
directly from the expanded tar you downloaded. Please read the build
instructions in the API documentation - that's what it is there for.

Jim