[antlr-interest] Reg Multi-line comments

Gokulakannan Somasundaram gokul007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 03:14:55 PDT 2009

Hi,
   I am trying to filter out multi-line comments, for which i am using the
following Token definition (provided in antlr.org)
ML_COMMENT
    :    '/*' ( options { greedy = false; } : .* ) '*/' { skip(); };

But i intend to provide a informative error message, when EOF occurs without
any '*/'.  Can someone help me on how to achieve this? I am trying out lot
of things, but nothing seems to work and i seem to missing some basic
fact/knowledge.

Thanks,
Gokul.