[antlr-interest] tips on grammar subrules

William Tribbey will at tribbey.net
Mon Jul 27 09:15:16 PDT 2009

Well, as I went back to the book and searched some sections, I decided to
change the action I was using for the subrule from this

importDeclaration
 :   'import' s='static'? name=qualifiedName ('.' '*'
{$importDeclaration::star=true;})? ';'

to this

importDeclaration
 :   'import' s='static'? name=qualifiedName ('.' s='*')? ';'

which does allow me simply to check the existence of the .* suffix by checking
the nullity of the text value for s.

This does remove a few lines of code and does the job, but if if
anyone has another
suggestion I would like to hear it, if only to learn.

Will Tribbey