[antlr-interest] Anltr 3.1.3

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Jun 14 10:47:04 PDT 2009

Bryan S Follins wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Thanks.
>
> I'm assuming to use ANTLR, you have to create a grammar file using a text
> editor?
>
> Then save the text file?
>
> Go to the command line and type the name of the file along with the
> directory to access it?

There's plenty of docs on the ANTLR website. I will say this, though -
if you use ANTLRWorks, it does pretty much everything for you, except
write the grammar!! It's a lot easier than trying to use it by hand. You
can also get ANTLR plugins for lots of IDEs, including Eclipse, Netbeans
(for which I think there's embedded ANTLRWorks), I think there might
even be support for MS Visual Studio...

> "If this is a course requirement, shouldn't there be support for this
> from your department?"
>
> That is the $64,000 question, because there is no support. You have to play
> email tag with your teacher for help.

Do you have a student rep? Someone ought to be complaining.

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack