[antlr-interest] How can I selectively avoid tokenization?

Johan Cockx johan at sikanda.be
Thu Jun 25 00:19:47 PDT 2009

Hi,

In my current project,  I need to recognize and parse expressions marked by
$<...> (where '...' represents the omitted expression) in an arbitrary text
(not containing $<).

How can I tell the (Antlr-generated) lexer to ignore text outside the $<...>
marks?

I have tried to recognize each chunk of text between the marks as a single
(large) token,  but that causes all sorts of problems and doesn't seem to be
the right way to go.

Can anyone point me in a better direction?

Thanks,
Johan