[antlr-interest] warning(200) - Decision match input using multiple alternatives

Matthias Kiehl mattkiehl at tu-cottbus.de
Thu Mar 5 11:59:20 PST 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to write a parser for sql92 and I have some trouble with the
tables in the from-clause, especially with the joins within it. I'd like
to solve the ambiguities caused by the recursion in this case. I read
the "Definitive ANTLR Reference" and now i'm wondering if my problem is
something like the "if-then-else ambiguity" mentioned in chapter 11
(p.275) and I can just ignore the warning.
If not, how can I solve the ambiguity? I'm happy about any clue.

The grammar (the mentioned part) is attached for better understanding :)

Thanks in advance,

Matthias
--
Matthias Kiehl