[antlr-interest] Java Parser to analyze C++ language syntax

Aurelian Melinte ame01 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 5 17:09:36 PST 2009

Hi,

To summarize the current situation with David's C++ parser: the parser has been ported to ANTLR 3.0.1 but we have run into a problem similar with the ones recently discussed on the list on the size of DFAs.  Basically, the grammar has been written for a k=2 but for k=2 ANTLR runs out of memory.  We had to reduce the lookahead to 1 and tried to use predicates. Currently there are a few places where, even with k=1, when trying to predicate ANTLR runs out of memory.

I have tried 3.1.1 and the results are the same.

Regards,
a.