[antlr-interest] C Target AST Debug Compile Error

William H. Schultz whschultz at cedrus.com
Tue Mar 10 13:50:19 PDT 2009

Hello all!  I just signed up to this list as I was unable to find any
mention of this issue anywhere on the internet, so I don't know if
it's just me.

I'm getting the following compile errors:

SimpleCWalker.c: In function ‘SimpleCWalker_Ctx_struct*
SimpleCWalkerNewSSD(ANTLR3_COMMON_TREE_NODE_STREAM_struct*,
ANTLR3_RECOGNIZER_SHARED_STATE_struct*)’:
SimpleCWalker.c:358: error: ‘struct
ANTLR3_COMMON_TREE_NODE_STREAM_struct’ has no member named ‘tokenSource’
SimpleCWalker.c:358: error: ‘struct
ANTLR3_COMMON_TREE_NODE_STREAM_struct’ has no member named ‘tokenSource’
SimpleCWalker.c:360: error: ‘struct ANTLR3_TREE_PARSER_struct’ has no
member named ‘setDebugListener’

I'm attaching my modifications to the C Target Makefile that I had to
do in order to get the samples to build a binary under Mac OS X.
There are a couple paths hard-coded into it, so you'll have to do
minor tweaks to get it to work for you, but otherwise, it should be
generic enough to compile any of the C Target samples (I'm definitely
no expert on GNU Make).  The above compile errors do NOT happen when
compiling the grammars without ANTLR's "-debug" flag, and it also only
happens with tree grammars.  I figured finding the issue in a sample
would seem to imply a bug...  unless I'm doing something completely
wrong.

Ideas?

Hank Schultz
Cedrus Corporation