[antlr-interest] yaska: antlr autotest

ian eyberg ian at telematter.com
Thu Mar 12 08:38:43 PDT 2009

Hi,

  After writing my grammars according to unit tests that I had previously
written I realized I should have corrected the warnings I was generating
as they came. (warnings are really errors).

  Anyways, I can't stand graphical IDEs and my work environment mainly consists
of screen+vim. So, I put together, yaska, which is an autotest suite proggy
for running my grammars and then making sure my tests fly right as well.

  The sweet thing about it is as soon as a I save a file I'm immediately
informed whether my changes generated more/less compile-time and run-time
warnings and whether or not it broke any tests. At least for me, this has
given me a tremendous boost in learning how to write grammars and speed
in getting my errors corrected.

  Right now I have an implementation of this that could use a bit of love
up on the hubs:

http://github.com/feydr/yaska/tree/master

  I expect here in a day or so I'll have refactored it quite a lot.

Thanks for antlr!

-ian