[antlr-interest] C runtime question

Dragos Tarcatu tarcatu_dragosh at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 09:49:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm kind of new with the antlr C runtime and I know this question may sount a little stupid. I wrote a simple grammar for both C/java and observed that for C the usage of += operators inside rules turns into some ugly compilation errors.

the grammar looks like this:

grammar test;

options
{
    language = C;
}
ids
        :         (lst+=ID)+
        ;

and the errors I get are something like this:
gcc -o main main.c testLexer.c testLexer.h testParser.c testParser.h -I. -lantlr3c
testParser.c: In function ‘ids’:
testParser.c:383: error: ‘struct testParser_Ctx_struct’ has no member named ‘vectors’
testParser.c:383: error: ‘struct testParser_Ctx_struct’ has no member named ‘vectors’

Is this a limitation of the C runtime or something?

Thanks,
      Dragos