[antlr-interest] failed predicate problem

YINGAnnie yimm8369 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:36:07 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

There is my tree grammar, what I want to do is when $memberExpression.text.equals("Math.abs"), run the template of mathabs.

callExpression
    : ^(CALL_EXPRESSION memberExpression indexSuffix * propertyReferenceSuffix* argumentSuffix*)
      {$memberExpression.text.equals("Math.abs")}? ->mathabs(x={$argumentSuffix.text})
    ;

When memberExpression is not equal to "Math.abs", everytime the parser goes to  callExpression,  the error of

F:\Treegrammar.g: node from after line 4:28 rule callExpression failed predicate: {$memberExpression.text.equals("Math.abs")}? occur.

Does that an error, or I can just ignor that.

The even weird error is that when the memberExpression is  equal to "Math.abs", and the template of mathabs do run, however , the  failed predicate error is still there.

any idea?

Annie