[antlr-interest] CommonTree between target languages

Des Hartman des at deshartman.com
Thu Mar 19 18:51:18 PDT 2009

This is a question that I suspect the answer is No, but I thought I'd ask
anyway.

If I have two implementations of ANTLR in different languages; ActionScript
and Java, Is there a way that I can share the AST Tree (CommonTree) Objects
between them?

Idea is I enter a formula in a Flex application and do the parsing to AST
using Actionscript. Once done I send the CommonTree objects to the server
and this is based on Java. Here the server uses the same AST to then repeat
the calculations on a much greater dataset.

Thanks
Des