[antlr-interest] gUnit-Questions

Oliver Zeigermann oliver.zeigermann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 05:56:49 PDT 2009

Hi folks!

I have read the descritption for gUnit at

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/gUnit+-+Grammar+Unit+Testing

and really like it.

I was wondering about some features that would be really useful for me

1.) Compare the output of two different input statements: Useful to
check if two input statements translate to the same output or not.
2.) Options/Extension points to decide how to compare input to output,
e.g. literally, ignoring whitespace, ignoring case, using regexp etc.
3.) When input and output differ give the exact position where they
differ and also display it by printing both input and output in
separate lines indicating the position
4.) Additional information on how an input should fail: e.g. Type of
Exception and even message.

If something like that already available? Would it be useful to others too?

-Oliver