[antlr-interest] parsing a very large file

Vladimir Konrad vladimir at ok2home.net
Thu Mar 26 09:10:18 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have read in the ANTLR book (from pragmatic book-store) that ANTLR
always loads entire file/stream into memory. Is this still the case?

How do you process large data files?

I would need to load a data file which is quite large (100MB+) but
parsing it with ANTLR uses over 1GB of RAM. Is there any way to use
ANTLR to load such a data file without so big memory consumption? If
not what other (java) options are there?

I have searched and looked at the (ANTLR) mailing lists but did not find
info on this...

Kind regards,

Vlad