[antlr-interest] Does pANTLR3_STRING need to be manually deleted?

chain one chainone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:55:49 PDT 2009

As what I read in antlr3string.c:
 static pANTLR3_STRING
subString8   (pANTLR3_STRING string, ANTLR3_UINT32 startIndex, ANTLR3_UINT32
endIndex)
{
    pANTLR3_STRING newStr;

    if (endIndex > string->len)
    {
endIndex = string->len + 1;
    }
    newStr  = string->factory->newPtr(string->factory, string->chars +
startIndex, endIndex - startIndex);

    return newStr;
}

Does it mean every time subString8 is called, one string will be created and
then the ptr of string is returned?
If so, I am  wondering if I should delete the strings created by calling
subString8 or other such kinds of string functions after using them.
Just reading the piece of code above, I guess I should manually delete these
strings. Is that right?

Thanks

chainone