[antlr-interest] java.lang.StackOverflowError

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu May 7 08:09:46 PDT 2009

wirving at beats.hu wrote:
> thanks, now I got different errors (warnings I guess):
>
> error(10):  internal error:
> org.antlr.tool.Grammar.createLookaheadDFA(Grammar.java:1242): could not
> even do k=1 for decision 8; reason: timed out (>1000ms)
>

> error(10):  internal error:
> org.antlr.tool.Grammar.createLookaheadDFA(Grammar.java:1242): could not
> even do k=1 for decision 69; reason: timed out (>1000ms)
>

> error(10):  internal error:
> org.antlr.tool.Grammar.createLookaheadDFA(Grammar.java:1242): could not
> even do k=1 for decision 126; reason: timed out (>1000ms)
>
> and so on....
>
> But the .java file is generated.
>
> Next? Increase the timeout? :)

It implies that there might be something not quite right about your
grammar, but the timeouts can happen on busy or slow machines with
complicated grammars. See the command line page in the wiki, where you
will find the timeout option. Combining these you will get:

java -Xmx750M antlr.jar -Xconversiontimeout 10000 t.g

Jim