[antlr-interest] NoViableAltException

Bill Steer steerr at bellsouth.net
Thu May 7 14:13:54 PDT 2009

I know just enough about ANTLR to be dangerous.  Like another recent
poster, I've read the book and am trying to get the hang of it, but
think I have this simple grammar messed up.

One of the kinds of statements my grammar, attached, tries to handle is:

REGISTER = avg(REGISTER, REGISTER, REGISTER);

where REGISTER is just a multi-part identifier, with the parts separated
by an '!'.  The lexer seems to work ok, judging by the Tokens it returns
in another part of my code.  But, at runtime, the parser gets a
NoViableAltException on a statement like that.

Can anybody offer any pointers?  Thanks very much.

Bill