[antlr-interest] Hello All--Problems with ANTLR Works

Bryan S Follins asalh at mindspring.com
Sun May 24 00:18:57 PDT 2009

I am in a class using ANTLR Works. My operating system is Windows XP Home
edition.  I tried creating a simple grammar file and I was able to generate
the code.

grammar T;

/**match things like "call foo;"*/

r              :               'call' ID ';' {System.out.println("invoke" +
$ID.text);};

ID            :               'a'..'z'+ ;

WS         :               (' ' | '\n' | '\r')+ {$channel=HIDDEN;};

However, when I tried to debug I got two errors. I have pasted them below:

When I tried to do the first debug I got the error below: Cannot launch the
debugger. Time-out waiting to connect the remote parser.

Also got an "Error 2."

I tried using ANTLR Works on Windows XP Home Edition and Windows Vista and
got the same errors.

Some assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

LL

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."

--Sherlock Holmes from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Sign of Four.

I AM an information warrior...