[antlr-interest] Cannot launch the debugger Time-out waiting to connect to the remote parser

Michael Pinnegar jazzepi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:35:45 PST 2009

address localhost
port    49100

I've got my grammar all setup now, and I was even able to find a fix for a compilation problem by
adding fragment above the LETTER entry.

That said, now I'd like to be able to feed my grammar various inputs and see how it deals with them.
  When I go to run though, it says "Cannot launch the debugger Time-out waiting to connect to the
remote parser". I found some other posts about it and took the following steps.

1. Rebooted computer multiple times.
2. Restarted ANTLRWorks 1.3 multiple times.
3. Port forwarded 49100 on my router. (I think this was unnecessary though, doesn't the localhosts
mean it's trying to connect to the remote parser on my own computer?)
4. Tried running it with my computer's local static IP address in instead of localhost.

None of the above had any effect on the problem. I'm not really sure why it's occurring! Any help
would be nice, thanks.

MPinnegar