[antlr-interest] Problem parsing unit symbols

Mark van Assem mark at cs.vu.nl
Fri Nov 6 05:06:20 PST 2009

Hi Michael,

> Just out of interest, are working with the units supported by Java
> JSR-275  which I think are based on UCUM http://unitsofmeasure.org/ ?

I'm trying to detect quantities and units in Excel files and match them
to an ontology called OUM which contains lots of quantities and units.
Do I understand correctly that UCUM defines a canonical format for
units, both in plain text and XML? I stumbled on what seems like a
parser for UCUM but haven't found documentation yet on how to use it.
Any tips are welcome.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.ohf/plugins/org.eclipse.ohf.h3et.ucum.mif/?root=Technology_Project

Thanks,
Mark van Assem.