[antlr-interest] Strange grammar errors

Alexandru Nedelcu alex at lexoft.eu
Mon Nov 23 02:43:52 PST 2009

I'm reading "Programming Language Processors in Java" while
experimenting with Antlr at the same time, and I tried converting the
first example of a BNF specification to Antlr.

See here (the lines with errors reported are highlighted) ...
    http://pastebin.com/m51e453e4

As you can see it is very simple, and I eliminated left-recursions, but
I'm getting the errors posted here ...
    http://pastebin.com/m54d656a6

I'm using Antlr 3.2 and ANTLRWorks 1.3.1 for editing. Antlrworks says
that the grammar is OK, until I try compiling it.

I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, is this a bug? It looks like
an Antlr syntax-error, but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,

--
Alexandru Nedelcu
http://alexn.org