[antlr-interest] Error Recovery Issues

Andy Wagner andy.wagner2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:14:09 PDT 2009

I have just converted a large grammar from v2 to v3 for almost the sole
purpose of better error recovery. Specifically I was interested in the token
addition/deletion features which isn't workign with my current grammar. A
generic example of what I would expect to work is similar to

a = b
c = d ;

I would expect antlr to insert a semi-colon at the end of the first line,
but instead giving 2 no viable alternative messages.

Am I doing something wrong in my grammar which as I said is derived from a
grammar in version 2, or are my expectations of this feature not correct?
If my expectations are incorrect is there another way to detect this
behavior even with hand written exception handlers?

Thanks,
Andy