[antlr-interest] Best practices for AST building

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:51:37 PDT 2009

Can anybody recommend some good links to best practices for AST building?

In the past, I've manually built heterogeneous trees via the actions
associated with various productions.  This works, but I'm hoping to
find something better.

I've been looking at the ANTLR examples and how they generate ASTs,
but I haven't yet decided if they all or some subset of them represent
best practices or not.  I've yet to take a look at Mantra, but am
going to do that as next.

Other suggestions?

Thanks.

--Kaleb