[antlr-interest] SEEMS NOBODY HERE LIKE TO HELP OTHERS

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Sat Oct 17 21:00:49 PDT 2009

Perhaps you guys are not asking the right questions. There is a tendency for some people to jump straight in to huge grammars without the appropriate practicing on smaller examples (which are provided). I try to answer everyone if I can but I am travelling at the moment and don't have lots of spare time. If no one else is jumping in, then I suggest that your questions are more akin to "can you write this for me" than you realize and that going back to basics might help. Switching to other parser generators won't get you over the fundamental problems of not having enough experience, you will just encounter different problems at different stages.

One does need to help oneself sometimes and perhaps consider what the basic reason is that others are not having similar problems.

Jim