[antlr-interest] Semantic predicates

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Tue Oct 20 00:44:51 PDT 2009

I don’t think that there any bugs here. The gated predicates work fine for me (not that that means there are therefore no bugs ;-), but that it is more likely there is a misuse going on somewhere in the grammar).

If you think that there is a bug then you should pin it down to a small piece of grammar so that it can be investigated. What usually happens is that the grammar is so ambiguous that the predicates don’t cover all the possibilities and your gate fails… and then what? You might need to put your gate before the reference to the rule rather than within the rule.

So, can you provide a small example of gated predicates not doing what you think that they should?

Jim