[antlr-interest] Can somebody give me the very simplest example of grammar to AST to StringTemplate output

Naveen Chawla naveen.chwl at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 06:10:19 PDT 2009

I'd like to use all the features of ANTLR all the way up to StringTemplate
etc. for e.g. a translation, can someone give me the very simplest example
they possibly can, for a beginner, of a grammar, to an AST (very, very
simple) to using StringTemplate and then a translated output (with maybe a
"Tree grammar" somewhere in between?)?

The reason why I want a bare-bones example is so that I can apply it to what
I do, and the book seems to have 3-4 chapters for the whole workflow, and I
can't seem to find the basic elements I need for a simple working example
for all the features.