[antlr-interest] Maven vs AntlrWorks Generated Sources

Ramirez, Paul M (388J) paul.m.ramirez at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Sep 27 11:48:03 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm having an issue when generating java sources in Maven versus with AntlrWorks. AntlrWorks seems to generate a perfectly fine size parser and lexer but in Maven the source code gets bloated to the point that it won't compile. We are using a helper plugin to compile other source files with the generated sources. Below is the applicable portions of the pom file. I'm hoping it's just a configuration I can change. If there is anything else I could provide to help resolve this issue please let me know.

                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>1.0</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>add-source</id>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>add-source</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <sources>
                                                                <source>target/generated-sources/antlr3</source>
                                                        </sources>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>

                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
                                <artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>3.1.3-1</version>

                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>