[antlr-interest] Syntax- highlighter and completition

Andreas Stefik stefika at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 10:58:38 PDT 2010

Hey there,

Yes, you can use any of the netbeans platform code standalone. As for
the Jar size, this is not entirely correct. The size of the NetBeans
platform apps generated (i.e., what is bundled), is correlated with
the properties you set in your module suite. In other words, if you
include C compilers, java compilers, and all sorts of other goodies
built into netbeans then, yes, your distribution can be a few hundred
megs. If, however, you don't include them (and you shouldn't, if you
don't need them), then the files are not particularly large. I forget
off the top of my head the size of an empty module suite distro, but
it isn't much, for modern software.

Stefik