[antlr-interest] how to generate C++ file

Stuart Dootson stuart.dootson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 04:26:50 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 4:32 AM, J.R Karthikeyan <jrk1987 at yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Just want to make sure that , this means that I can't use antlr with visul
> studio 2005. Because my entire project is in visual studio 2005 and this
> parser
> is going to be one of the module for that project. So can you please let me
> know
> if I can use this with visual studio 2005.
>
> Thanks,
> Jrk

jrk - you can use Antlr with Visual Studio - I know, I've done so in the
past. Your compiler errors are coming because the default options applied to
a VS C++ project include pre-compiled header support.

The easiest way around this is to tell VS that your Antlr generated files
don't use the pre-compiled headers. To do that, select the Antlr source
files in the Solution Explorer, then right-click and select Properties.
After that, select the C++->Precompiled Headers property page and then in
the 'Create/Use Precompiled Header" property, select the option that says
something like "Not using precompiled headers".

Stuart