[antlr-interest] Semantic analysis without embedding target language code in the actions.

Abdul Sami Siddiqui abdulsamiku at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 22:46:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am implementing a custom language, I need to know if there is any way i can do
my semantic analysis phase without using the target language code
in the actions? Semantic phase include type checking, type promotion stuff etc.
Currently I am generating tree from simple grammar than walking that tree
through tree grammar for semantic analysis and than interpreting it. I don't
want to embedded the JAVA target code to do type checking stuff as because
of this the code will not remain portable across target languages. Is there any
way to do it in ANTLR?

Thanks.