[antlr-interest] Using $ as delimiter in StringTemplate from ANTRL rewriter grammars

Janico Greifenberg jgre at acm.org
Mon Feb 8 09:22:55 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to write an ANTLR3 grammar that generates HTML output using
StringTemplate. To avoid having to escape all the HTML tags in the
template rules (e.g. \<p\><variable>\</p\>), I'd prefer to use dollar
as the delimiter for StringTemplate (e.g. <p>$variable$</p>).

While the latter seems to be the default when StringTemplate is used
on its own, the parser code generated by ANTRL always uses
AngleBracketTemplateLexer when initializing StringTemplate.

How can I get ANTLR to generate code using DefaultTemplateLexer (i.e.
the variant that uses dollar as the delimiter)?

Janico