[antlr-interest] Request for Change regarding Lexer (?)

Marcin Rzeźnicki marcin.rzeznicki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:11:28 PST 2010

2010/2/16 Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu>

> The key to your question was:
>
> "and it occurred to me that ANTLR does not really inspect follow set, it
> seems to inspect only what's left in the rule itself."
>
> That improvement/bug is what I intend to fix :)  Actually, ANTLR v4 lexers
> will just plain work better (i.e., more like what you expect) ;)

Well, yes, right, that would be really nice (by the way, when is this new
release coming?), but when I am thinking of this; it would not really save
the day in my case as follow set of LineSequence is actually {  '}' , ']'  }
and what I need is loop escaping dependent on previous match, so some
constrained context passing would be nice.

--
Pozdrawiam
Marcin Rzeźnicki