[antlr-interest] help: using antlr

Nick Vlassopoulos nvlassopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:18:38 PST 2010

Hello Smiley,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Smiley 4321 <ssmile03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I did check ANTLR documentation & it's FAQ, also performed googlian for
> ANTLR MPI support.
>
> The code as written, looking if it can be understood by ANTLR by performing
> verification for the given code.
>
> The task is, to understand and implement a techniques where few lines of
> MPI
> C level parallel programming code can be understood by ANTLR.

So, your task would be to parse c code and have a sort of (one or more)
predefined symbol table(s)
with MPI headers / functions, so that the parser figures out if a program
uses MPI or not (which is
slightly tricky if someone names a set of functions MPI_* on purpose)?

Maybe you can explain a little bit more what the "understood" means? I.e. is
it just to answer a "yes" or "no"
if the program contains MPI headers/library calls?

> I am looking to know the techniques and support for mpi programming
> extended
> by antlr.
>
> Hope it clear now to understand.
>
> ---regards.