[antlr-interest] Using paraphrase option when using the C target in ANTLR

Heiko Folkerts Heiko.Folkerts at david-bs.de
Wed Jan 6 22:09:35 PST 2010

Hi all,
I am currently trying to improve the quality of our error messages generated bvy our ANTLR generated parser. Since our error messages are generally in german I'd like to take advance of the paraphrase option for rules and tokens to assign a clear name to those things. Unfortunately I get errors from ANTLR when using the following token definition:
ALPHASTRING
options { paraphrase="Zeichenkette";}
: ('a'..'z' | 'A'..'Z' | '0'..'9' | '/' | '-' | '\u00c0' .. '\u00d6' | '\u00d8' .. '\u00fc')+;

ANTLR reports: "unexpected token "Zeichenkette"

So can't I use paraphrases in the C target? I am using antlr3.2.
Is there a workarround for the paraphrases?

Regards
Heiko

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Heiko Folkerts
Systementwicklung und -design
DAVID GmbH · Wendenring 1 · 38114 Braunschweig
Tel.: +49 531 24379-14
Fax.: +49 531 24379-79
E-Mail: mailto:Heiko.Folkerts at david-bs.de
WWW:   http://www.david-bs.de
Eintragung: Amtsgericht Braunschweig, HRB 3167
Geschäftsführer: Frank Ptok