[antlr-interest] Implicit imports

Gustaf Johansson gustaf.j at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:49:14 PST 2010

Hi,

I have a grammar in which there can be implicit imports of a few
definitions example:

module A {
  enum myEnumA { A1, A2, A3 }
}

module B {
  import module A;
  function myFuncB (int, myEnumA) {

module Prog {
  import B;
  myFuncB (1, A2);  *
}

*Here A2 is implicitly known to be of type myEnumA, since the
definition of myFuncB is in B and B imports A.

The problem i have is that my parser reports A2 as unknown.
I have not come up with a good and simple solution to this.
I have been thinking along the lines of:
Check definition of myFuncB and if it takes a enum as argument, check
the local module's imports for the definition of that enum.

Any help is really appreciated.

Best Regards Gustaf