[antlr-interest] Running ANTLRWorks 1.3.1 -- javac error

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Tue Jan 26 09:51:54 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm new to this product (and to modern products of this type
generally... was a B programmer in the early 80s and trying to get
updated!)

I'm on Windows XP, and have run the JAR file to invoke ANTLRWorks.

I'm trying out the Expression Evaluator Tutorial. Interpreter works
fine, but invoking the debugger gets me

"java.IO.IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess
error=2, the system cannot find the file specified"

(Oddly, after a while, trying it again got me a different error about
timeout, even though I'd changed nothing [Sure. Famous Last Words,
eh?].)

Not sure where to go from here... By all means be pedantic in a
response :)

Thanks!

Karljürgen G. Feuerherm, PhD
Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3C5
Tel. (519) 884-1970 x3193
Fax (519) 883-0991 (ATTN Arch. & Classics)