[antlr-interest] Comments, EOF, and Debugger

Junkman j at junkwallah.org
Tue Jun 1 12:34:01 PDT 2010

Disclaimer:  I'm a noob.  :)

Taking the newline out of comment seems to work, like this:

COMMENT	: '#' (~( '\r' | '\n' ))* ;
NEWLINE : '\r'? '\n'
          {
	      // kick it off to the hidden channel
              // $channel=HIDDEN;

              // or skip it altogether
              // skip();

Last line comment terminating in EOF presents no problem.

I've seen this pattern for comment in other examples.

Don't know how/why debuggerLexer changes the outcome, but I assume you
can always trace the generated lexers to see how the different outcomes
result.