[antlr-interest] Parsing whole-line comments?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 09:19:43 PDT 2010

> Alternatively, you can apply semantic predicate to lexer rules like this:
> ------------------------
>
> C:  { $pos == 0 }?=> 'C' ;
>
> ------------------------
>
> It should only match "C" at the beginning of the line, but I found (in
> my noob experiences) semantic predicate can be pretty tricky due to
> "hoisting out" business and how it affects prediction DFA construction -
> I'm sure more experienced hands can tell you better.

Thanks.  But I'm actually pretty against intermixing lexical,
grammatical, and semantic rules.  At that point (at least in my
particular project) I've given up most of the clarity that I was
hoping to gain by using ANTLR as opposed to a hand-written recursive
descent parser.

I think at this point I'm just going to hand-write the parser for my
DSL.  Thanks very much for the help.