[antlr-interest] Building ANTLR v3.2 from source.

Peter C. Chapin pchapin at cems.uvm.edu
Sun Mar 14 04:34:01 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 16:37 +1100, Mark Wright wrote:

> I do not really know.  Section 8.5.3 of the book Maven: The Complete
> Reference suggests that these ._*.java files are temporary files that
> should not be in the antlr distribution anyway?

I did a little looking around. These files are apparently Mac OSX
resource forks. They probably shouldn't be part of the source
distribution... especially considering that Maven chokes on some of them
(at least when using Linux... that's the platform I'm on).

I don't know why Maven is looking at them. Perhaps it's because they
have names ending with .java. In that case, I don't know why Maven
doesn't object to all of them. They aren't Java files, after all.

Anyway I'm convinced they are not necessary. I'll probably write a
script that removes them all.

Peter