[antlr-interest] CSharp3 Target (ANTLR 3.2)

Kevin Carroll kcarroll at signmgmt.com
Mon Mar 15 09:34:43 PDT 2010

What is the "official" status of C# port of ANTLR 3.2 (i.e., language=CSharp3)?  Several of the new features of 3.2 are utilized quite a bit in "Language Implementation Patterns".  Most importantly, tree rewriting.

I have been using Sam Harwell's stand-alone Windows port of ANTLR 3.2 with success (after a few tweaks to unify member name capitalization and a correction to the ApplyOnce method to bring it up-to-date with the Java version).  The only true problem is that I would really love to use my ANTLR-generated parser in conjunction with Actipro Software's SyntaxEditor, but they only currently support the CSharp2 target (understandably).

Thanks for any info,
Kevin Carroll