[antlr-interest] How to get ANTLR 3.2 to exit upon first error?

Dan Becker db19606 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 20:27:35 PDT 2010

Two things:

1) I incorrectly summarized the wiki page below; if you override
nextToken() you can't throw RecognitionException because nextToken()
also doesn't declare any exceptions. You have to throw
RuntimeException or Error

2) I had also posted this question on stackoverflow; I summarized
Andrew's answer there along with a sample grammar and test runs. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2445008/how-to-get-antlr-3-2-to-exit-upon-first-error.

Thanks again for the help,

Dan

--