[antlr-interest] Best version to use with c++?

Иванов Михаил ivans at isle.spb.ru
Tue Mar 16 07:22:42 PDT 2010

Greetings!

I am writing a parser for an application and I started to do it
with pccts tool which is still available in debian and with which
I had some experience about 8 years ago - but to my dissapointment
it seems to be completely unmaintained now. So it looks like I will
have (finally) to switch to antlr. This said, which version would
you advise for use with C++: antlr2 or antlr3? I know there's no
C++ support in v3, but is C support really usable from C++? If yes,
are there any sample available? Or would it be easier to stick to v2?

Also I used flex lexer with my old grammar. Would flex integrate
into antlr2/antlr3 or will I have to change lexer to whatver is
supplied by antlr?

Best regards,
--
Michael