[antlr-interest] Modifying a target language template file for AntlrWorks

Ron Hunter-Duvar ron.hunter-duvar at oracle.com
Tue May 4 08:16:48 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,

I found this page to be very helpful as a starting point:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/How+to+build+an+ANTLR+code+generation+target

I've been able to make some simple changes to the Java target using
these instructions. The hard part is trying to unravel the convoluted
flow of the templates to be able to make meaningful changes. Due to
StringTemplate's ability to use indirection (call a template whose name
is stored in a variable), it is sometimes nearly impossible to tell
where a template is used (or whether it is used at all).

Ron