[antlr-interest] Line wrapping in generated lexer/parser

Richard Gildea rgildea at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 09:25:17 PDT 2010

On 4 May 2010 13:26, Christopher L Conway <cconway at cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> It's generally not a good idea to check generated code into source
> control. This is a good example of why.

Ideally we would avoid placing the generated code under source control,
however this would cause our C++/Python library to have a dependency on
Java/ANTLR in order to be used, instead of just the runtime libraries.
Placing it under source control ensures that other developers/users will
have the up-to-date version of the parser without relying on them to
regenerate it from the grammar.

However, I am open to suggestions as to how better to deal with this issue
(and the runtime dependencies) alongside a source control system.

Thanks,

Richard