[antlr-interest] detecting illegal input chars in the lexer

Bob Frankel bios.bob.frankel at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:17:11 PDT 2010

what's the best way to detected illegal input chars in the lexer -- in
my case, chars with a code > 127  [i just had my grammar enter an
infinite loop on an arithmetic expression where the minus sign was
really an en-dash with code == 150, but maybe that's another problem!!!]

presumably, some pattern that matches chars \u0080 -- \uFFFF and yields
some distinguished token that causes the grammar to fail???

thanks in advance....